I made these this morning because I needed to use up the rest of the buttermilk I had from making cupcakes. I was quite happy with how they turned out. They were a bit thinner than I thought they would be but they tasted good anyway.
For the original recipe go to:
Here is my ever so slightly different version:
1 cup White Wheat Flour
3 tablespoons ground linseed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons honey
1. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
2. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
3. Spoon a few tablespoons of batter into the center of your frying pan. With a spoon, form your batter into a nice round pancake.
4. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional minute or so until browned and cooked through. Transfer each pancake to a plate until all batter is used up.
3. Serve these healthy pancakes with pure maple syrup and sliced/chopped fruit.
Americans call linseeds flaxseeds, so again I just changed it to Australian terms. Same goes with the frying pan.